MECW | Main Event Championship Wrestling | Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  mecwpro.commecwpro.com  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any news or updates?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bigsweatymike

Any news or updates? Empty
PostSubject: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:14 pm

So there's been no activity on here for a while. Any new shows are anything going on? We can't lose the hype from having fucking Chris Hero and Davey Richards in a match at the last Evansville show to having nothing and just dying out. Don't quit on me now guys.

Not a good sign that the website has expired too. At least let us know if it's shut down.
Back to top Go down
Xplorer4x4

PostSubject: Re: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 4:33 am

http://www.mecwpro.com/
Site works if you put the WWW in there.

Otherwise I agree Mike. To quiet around here. I hope to make it to the next E-ville show, if there is one.
Back to top Go down
bigsweatymike

PostSubject: Re: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:12 pm

So I've heard some nasty rumors. Basically I've just heard that MECW is done, or at least looking for new backers and a ring. Sucks when you have to hear these things elsewhere and not from the company itself.
Back to top Go down
Tracey Russell
Admin
Tracey Russell

PostSubject: Re: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:33 pm

OK, here goes...no, we're not going out of business. In fact, we're on the verge of making things even BETTER and more efficient. Word around the office is that with AC West screwing over the company, shutting down our internet website, AND sucking funds out of our account he's going to be punished for his actions.

Are we going out of business? Not by a long shot. Details for the next event are being finalized as we speak. There will be a meeting between the board of directors tomorrow to discuss both ONE: what we're going to do with AC after his unprofessional acts and TWO: where the direction of MECW is going. I CAN assure you this though, we ARE NOT...I repeat...ARE NOT going out of business. We're in this for the long run and there's nothing that's going to stop us! Not even the VICE President of MECW himself!

One thing I can confirm is that at our next show...be ready for one hell of an event, because we're putting out all of the stops!

As for the website expiring, this was all West's doing. I (being the webmaster of MECWPRO.com) am now picking up the pieces and starting to update the website again. If you're having troubles getting to our website try going to JUST MECWPRO.com...also, you can fix the problem with the "www" not working by deleting your temporary internet files/cache.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mecwpro.com
Xplorer4x4

PostSubject: Re: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:47 pm

MECW may as well be dead to me, and here why:

It's going on 4 months since an Evansville show. From the looks of the TV shows, the Evansville shows easily had the biggest turn outs compared to the shows up North. Why you would go 4 months with out running a show in Evansville? Now I can't blame you guys for expanding and running up north, but it seems like you forgot about Evansville. You started to build the foundation here, and looks like you just said forget about Evansville.

Speaking of TV shows, so much for the ad on your site claiming that the TV shows will be added with in two days of being shown on my44, oh wait it changed to "two or three days." Sadly that was another lie. It's been almost a month since a new show was posted on blip.tv.

The final reason, about 2 months ago I was told the shop area of the site was going to be revamped soon with new stuff. Another load of crap. The shop hasn't been revamped, much less has a new DVD been released in 2 months. There hasn't even been any news regarding DVDs.

It may seem harsh, but please spare me the kayfabe crap about AC West and get your head in the game.
Back to top Go down
Tracey Russell
Admin
Tracey Russell

PostSubject: Re: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:25 am

Thanks for your expressions of concern Xplorer4x4. We have BIG plans for Evansville in the coming months. I can't release any information yet, but please believe me when I say that MECW's home IS Evansville. The crowds in the other cities have been smaller thus-far in most cases. However (our FIRST Monroe City, IN show nearly SOLD OUT!) we're working on expanding the fanbase and venturing out into a broader area. Look for some big things to happen with us in the Evansville area in 2011.

Second, the TV shows haven't been uploaded lately simply because I've been working on another big project at the moment. Rest assured that all MECW TV shows will be uploaded to the site in the coming weeks. Again, I can't announce the plans that are in store at this moment, but rest assured there IS a reason for the delay.

Please see the above reasoning for the "Shop" section too...all I ask is that you keep checking back in the coming weeks because I believe your post was made just a bit too early...I'm sorry if that seems cryptic but I'm not allowed to release the full details at this time.
Back to top Go down
Chad Matthews
Admin
Chad Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Xplorer,

We appreciate your passion and desire for an MECW return to Evansville. I assure you that we'll definitely be bringing the Main Event Championship Wrestling LIVE Experience back home to Evansville in the future. To touch on a few of your questions:

There were a few factors that went into the decision to take a short hiatus from Evansville. Currently, there are three consistent wrestling promotions whose home base is Evansville. Those promotions are MECW, NFW and CCW. In May, June and August these three promotions ran Evansville. In our first three Evansville shows, Main Event Championship Wrestling pulled out all of the stops by bringing in top stars such as Jerry 'The King' Lawler, Jeff Jarrett, Tommy Dreamer, Psycho Sid, Chris Hero, Davey Richards, etc. Although attendance was very good for an Evansville show (outside of WWE Raw), the overall expenses were also greater.

The decision to run monthly "up north" is simply a business decision to grow MECW outside of Evansville and conserve costs during the company's pioneering stage (realize MECW is only 6 months old). As an informed fan, I'm confident you realize some of the expenses of bringing in national talent on a monthly basis, as well as expenses for building, television, marketing, technical services, et al. It was absolutely to MECW's advantage to bring awareness to the MECW LIVE Experience and brand to the areas outside of Evansville. We truly hope that passionate wrestling fans like yourself from Evansville/Henderson/Owensboro/Boonville will come out and support the product by making the drive to a nearby town to support our efforts.

In regard to technical improvements such as television quality - it's a work in progress. I feel our production values are very good for the equipment we're using. High quality cameras and cutting-edge production software are expensive. Manpower is limited, so huge props to our team of TWO ultra-talented video and audio professionals. These are just a few of the challenges that all new companies face. Rome was not built overnight. ECW was not judged on its video quality, nor was USWA. I feel the fact that MECW secured a television slot on My44 (CBS) within months of the company's inception is a HUGE testament to the quality and integrity of the MECW product. We appreciate your desire for MECW to improve and we want to improve each month. Please endure the growing pains with us.

Thank you for voicing your opinion. We appreciate your constructive criticism because that means you care about Main Event Championship Wrestling's growth and desire to climb to that next level. All fans' suggestions by forum, e-mail and in-person are noted and considered during MECW's organizational and production meetings. We have an open-door policy on suggestions so please keep the communication coming.

Thanks for your support,

Chad Matthews
Executive Vice President
Main Event Championship Wrestling

Feel free to e-mail me directly at chad@mecwpro.com

Xplorer4x4 wrote:
MECW may as well be dead to me, and here why:

It's going on 4 months since an Evansville show. From the looks of the TV shows, the Evansville shows easily had the biggest turn outs compared to the shows up North. Why you would go 4 months with out running a show in Evansville? Now I can't blame you guys for expanding and running up north, but it seems like you forgot about Evansville. You started to build the foundation here, and looks like you just said forget about Evansville.

Speaking of TV shows, so much for the ad on your site claiming that the TV shows will be added with in two days of being shown on my44, oh wait it changed to "two or three days." Sadly that was another lie. It's been almost a month since a new show was posted on blip.tv.

The final reason, about 2 months ago I was told the shop area of the site was going to be revamped soon with new stuff. Another load of crap. The shop hasn't been revamped, much less has a new DVD been released in 2 months. There hasn't even been any news regarding DVDs.

It may seem harsh, but please spare me the kayfabe crap about AC West and get your head in the game.
Back to top Go down
Xplorer4x4

PostSubject: Re: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Tracey Russell wrote:
Second, the TV shows haven't been uploaded lately simply because I've been working on another big project at the moment. Rest assured that all MECW TV shows will be uploaded to the site in the coming weeks. Again, I can't announce the plans that are in store at this moment, but rest assured there IS a reason for the delay.

Please see the above reasoning for the "Shop" section too...all I ask is that you keep checking back in the coming weeks because I believe your post was made just a bit too early...I'm sorry if that seems cryptic but I'm not allowed to release the full details at this time.
I realize this is a spare time thing for you guys, but when you make the impact you did, your fans expect more of you. I understand that you can't release details but why you would put off these things is beyond me for 2 reasons. DVD revenue is usually so important for indy companies. The other being the fact that the web shows allow fans not just to keep up with the product by watching it rather then reading about it, but assuming that blip.tv isnt blocked in any foreign countries, you get world wide exposure.
Back to top Go down
Xplorer4x4

PostSubject: Re: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Chad Mathews wrote:
Xplorer,

We appreciate your passion and desire for an MECW return to Evansville. I assure you that we'll definitely be bringing the Main Event Championship Wrestling LIVE Experience back home to Evansville in the future. To touch on a few of your questions:

There were a few factors that went into the decision to take a short hiatus from Evansville. Currently, there are three consistent wrestling promotions whose home base is Evansville. Those promotions are MECW, NFW and CCW. In May, June and August these three promotions ran Evansville. In our first three Evansville shows, Main Event Championship Wrestling pulled out all of the stops by bringing in top stars such as Jerry 'The King' Lawler, Jeff Jarrett, Tommy Dreamer, Psycho Sid, Chris Hero, Davey Richards, etc. Although attendance was very good for an Evansville show (outside of WWE Raw), the overall expenses were also greater.

The decision to run monthly "up north" is simply a business decision to grow MECW outside of Evansville and conserve costs during the company's pioneering stage (realize MECW is only 6 months old). As an informed fan, I'm confident you realize some of the expenses of bringing in national talent on a monthly basis, as well as expenses for building, television, marketing, technical services, et al. It was absolutely to MECW's advantage to bring awareness to the MECW LIVE Experience and brand to the areas outside of Evansville. We truly hope that passionate wrestling fans like yourself from Evansville/Henderson/Owensboro/Boonville will come out and support the product by making the drive to a nearby town to support our efforts.

In regard to technical improvements such as television quality - it's a work in progress. I feel our production values are very good for the equipment we're using. High quality cameras and cutting-edge production software are expensive. Manpower is limited, so huge props to our team of TWO ultra-talented video and audio professionals. These are just a few of the challenges that all new companies face. Rome was not built overnight. ECW was not judged on its video quality, nor was USWA. I feel the fact that MECW secured a television slot on My44 (CBS) within months of the company's inception is a HUGE testament to the quality and integrity of the MECW product. We appreciate your desire for MECW to improve and we want to improve each month. Please endure the growing pains with us.

Thank you for voicing your opinion. We appreciate your constructive criticism because that means you care about Main Event Championship Wrestling's growth and desire to climb to that next level. All fans' suggestions by forum, e-mail and in-person are noted and considered during MECW's organizational and production meetings. We have an open-door policy on suggestions so please keep the communication coming.

Thanks for your support,

Chad Matthews
Executive Vice President

Feel free to e-mail me directly at chad@mecwpro.com

I can understand that your expenses were greater in venue and booking fees but those costs surely went down from the first show because I cant imagine Hero and Davey costing more then Jarret and Lawler, and the Armory surely was cheaper to run then the Center. I'm not arguing that expenses were high. You guys came in to Evansville, dominated the scene for several months with both legends and top notch workers alike, and blew money like it was nothing. Then you up and disappear which leaves fans wondering why you can run shows up north, but not in Evansville. Will you be back? Will it be the same? I realize this is all about to be announced but it has left doubt, atleast in my mind.

As for judging video quality, I didnt mention this influencing my statement. However, referencing products from over a decade ago doesn't really help your case. That rough around the edges feel of ECW was suiting. This is MECW, not ECW or USWA from 10 years ago. You ssaid it your self, scoring a TV deal was HUGE, and with that huge accomplishment comes HUGE expectations. Personally, I feel the biggest problems with production in regards to watching the show live on TV, are low commentary volume, and capturing an audio stream from the venue mic for when promos are done on the venue mic. The only other technical complaint I have is using flash as the codec of choice when uploading the shows to blip. I assume this is done for compatibility sake to make sure everyone can watch it. However, I am not entirely sure it matters, but i can investigate that more before i comment for sure.
Back to top Go down
Chad Matthews
Admin
Chad Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks for the props on the previous MECW shows, Xplorer. I hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving! I do hope you can make it to the next MECW show.

On expenses, however, you did fail to consider the expense for the headliner on the August show that also featured Chris Hero and Davey Richards. The headliner was Sid.

MECW will continue to feature a nice balance of national talent, legends, up-and-coming stars and local/regional attractions.

My reference to ECW and USWA definitely missed its spot. My point was that both promotions' best assets were the wrestling, the wrestlers and the storylines. For me, those shows could have been in black & white and it would have been just as entertaining. I look at things differently than some so I may be in the minority.

Thanks for your support,

Chad Matthews
Executive Vice-President

[/quote]
I can understand that your expenses were greater in venue and booking fees but those costs surely went down from the first show because I cant imagine Hero and Davey costing more then Jarret and Lawler, and the Armory surely was cheaper to run then the Center. I'm not arguing that expenses were high. You guys came in to Evansville, dominated the scene for several months with both legends and top notch workers alike, and blew money like it was nothing. Then you up and disappear which leaves fans wondering why you can run shows up north, but not in Evansville. Will you be back? Will it be the same? I realize this is all about to be announced but it has left doubt, atleast in my mind.

As for judging video quality, I didnt mention this influencing my statement. However, referencing products from over a decade ago doesn't really help your case. That rough around the edges feel of ECW was suiting. This is MECW, not ECW or USWA from 10 years ago. You ssaid it your self, scoring a TV deal was HUGE, and with that huge accomplishment comes HUGE expectations. Personally, I feel the biggest problems with production in regards to watching the show live on TV, are low commentary volume, and capturing an audio stream from the venue mic for when promos are done on the venue mic. The only other technical complaint I have is using flash as the codec of choice when uploading the shows to blip. I assume this is done for compatibility sake to make sure everyone can watch it. However, I am not entirely sure it matters, but i can investigate that more before i comment for sure.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
KG Wood
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:57 pm

I Am Awesome. And I am not The Miz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any news or updates?   Any news or updates? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any news or updates?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MECW | Main Event Championship Wrestling | Forum :: Main Event Forums :: Main Event Lounge-
Jump to:  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com