MECW | Main Event Championship Wrestling | Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  mecwpro.commecwpro.com  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blunt suggestion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bigsweatymike

Blunt suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Blunt suggestion   Blunt suggestion EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Come the fuck back to evansville. Seriously. I'm glad Monroe is working out for you guys, but I need something local to spend my money on.

And take Just John off the "Most loved" poll. Never should have been booked in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Chad Matthews
Admin
Chad Matthews

Blunt suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blunt suggestion   Blunt suggestion EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 pm

I appreciate that blunt suggestion, Sweaty. If we could only depend on a more consistent monthly fan base (fans like you) from Evansville metro and the surrounding areas to come out and support a great product then MECW would have already brought the Experience back home sooner rather than later. One of our core objectives as a company has always been for Evansville to serve as the hub city and expand the MECW territory around Evansville in a defined radius. However, when the August card featuring Sid, Chris Hero, Davey Richards, Tony Kozina, Ryan Drago, etc. didn't do the numbers we projected for a loaded card with consideration to the amount of money the company invested in advertising, we scratched our heads. Can Evansville support a live monthly show that we consider to be Main Event caliber, a show similar to our first three in Evansville, and still be profitable in the long run? The jury is still out. On the contrary, the attendance for Monroe City shows have been relatively consistent, the crowds are hot and the fans keep begging for more. We'd like to think some of our Evansville fans who enjoy supporting independent wrestling - fans that have driven a couple of hours to see good independent wrestling - would make one trip outside of Evansville to support the product and see for themselves. What are your thoughts on Evansville? Is the town dead?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mecwpro.com
Xplorer4x4

Blunt suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blunt suggestion   Blunt suggestion EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:21 am

So 1/4 shows don't pull the numbers you expect and you run away with your tail tucked between your legs? Well, Chad, thanks for the insight in to the minds of the MECW officials. Now I understand, if a company doesn't make money, they have got to make changes. However, as I understand it 3 out of 4 shows hit, or nearly hit there expected mark. Then 1 show didn't hit it's mark so your forced to up and leave town? Why on earth stand behind a company who is going to back out on there fans at the very first sign of trouble? Heck, is 1 out of 4 shows even the first sign of trouble? From what your saying there was no sort of downward trend per say. Just a flat out bad turn out one time out of four and you guys run scared?

Speaking of the August show, now I realize it doesn't change much, but is it really fair to put Chris Hero on the list and say "we didn't get the turn out we expected." Hero wasn't even advertised as being on the card.Like I said, not much difference but just to be fair.

This is actually the one show I would like to pick up the DVD for, but I think I saw most of the matches on TV. Thinking about it, why pick up the DVDs when I can pretty much see the whole show for free on TV?
Back to top Go down
Chad Matthews
Admin
Chad Matthews

Blunt suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blunt suggestion   Blunt suggestion EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Look, let's be honest here. Nobody in MECW is "running away with their tail tucked between their legs." And "Running scared"? From who or what? Hyperbole makes for dramatic posts but it doesn't hold weight. As I mentioned before when all is said and done the MECW hiatus from Evansville came down to business. Many companies here in the United States could have kept their manufacturing plants in the United States despite it cutting deeply into gross profits and leading to the eventual demise of the company. Or, companies could (did) relocate their manufacturing plants across the ocean where profits are greater due to lower cost of goods and cheap labor. Dang, Dave, this little company just went up the road to Monroe City, Indiana, for a few shows? MECW is proud to pay US taxes and pay US workers US dollars. Bottom line - MECW will be back to Evansville. Come on up to Monroe City and see us in January for the King! We'd love to talk to you in-person.

Chad Matthews
Back to top Go down
cavedweller73

Blunt suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blunt suggestion   Blunt suggestion EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:30 am

I doubt that a DVD of the August show will ever see the light of day. That was the show in which the lame video company MECW was using no-showed and the only video was shot by a hard cam that was up in the balcony. It's a shame too because that was a pretty darn good show. I'd probably pick that one up too actually.
Back to top Go down
bigsweatymike

Blunt suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blunt suggestion   Blunt suggestion EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:08 pm

We don't need stacked cards where you pay too much money for sid and the king. IWA proved that a stacked card with the highest paid talent in the country doesn't mean you'll fill the armory in evansville. Just give us solid wrestling. There are plenty of guys that will put on a damn good show and won't cost you much. You don't have to pull in ex WWE talent, or even main event ROH talent to have a good show. Evansville is so starved for good wrestling it won't matter much who you put out as long as it isn't CCW wrestlers. I would say book 1 or 2 ROH/Chikara calibur guys to get some sort of name out there if you want, then pull in some good cheaper talent. Drago and metal master are both awesome. Try to get away from so many old school guys though. Chris Michaels, Chase Stevens, etc get boring after a few matches of the same lines/gimmicks they stole from tracy smothers. Definately keep tracy though, as he's awesome and local. The Hybrids are a good tag team that aren't very far away. They had some good guys up in their CCW fed they might still roll with that can come as a group. Zero G and full throttle were awesome teams when they were here for VIP. I know zero g is still working, I think I heard something about Full Throttle not a team anymore. I'm just saying there are some cheaper guys, even guys that might need travel expenses, that are gonna put on a damn good show even though they might not be huge names.

Another consideration could be a deathmatch show. I love some good wrestling, but it's fun every so often to see blood and stupidity. I know cavedweller would approve Smile Maybe like once a year for a tournament or whatever, those shows always do well if you promote them and bring in the usual guys like Danny Havoc, Nick Gage, Brain Damage, etc.

And I wasn't really hating on you guys with the first post, just frustrated with the lack of good stuff in the area. Monroe is farther than I wanna drive. Plus I saw a commercial for yet another fed running in the CK whatever building and it looks like a terrible collection of backyarders. Not what we need.
Back to top Go down
cavedweller73

Blunt suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blunt suggestion   Blunt suggestion EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:30 pm

bigsweatymike wrote:
Another consideration could be a deathmatch show. I love some good wrestling, but it's fun every so often to see blood and stupidity. I know cavedweller would approve Smile Maybe like once a year for a tournament or whatever, those shows always do well if you promote them and bring in the usual guys like Danny Havoc, Nick Gage, Brain Damage, etc.

HECK YEAH!!!! That idea gets the CaveDweller seal of approval, for sure!!! Ha ha!!!

I'm just being silly (well...sort of). But seriously, I enjoy a good wrestling show as well. But, like BSM said, some good, bloody stupidity can be fun too....if you're into that sort of thing. I know that a lot of people say hardcore wrestling has been dead for years, but there's still a core group of us (sick) people who enjoy it and travel all over the place for it. There's this one guy who I see at almost every deathmatch tournament I attend that travels all the way from Japan just for those shows. That was the reason why I started travelling around for them. I figured if they could do it, why couldn't I? Of course, then there's the fact that I have no life and WAY too much free time, but I digress.

I think one of the things that has really been missing from MECW (and Evansville wrestling in general) is high-flying kind of matches. I think that's basically what BSM was saying when he's talking about bringing in talent from places like ROH and Chikara and teams such as The Hybrids and Zero G. Even if someone was to book a full-on Jr. heavyweight trounament with lots of flippy guys, people would be talking and excited. I know I would be anyway! That's a big part of why I can't get excited about seeing Jerry Lawler or Brian Christopher. Sure those guys have given their hearts and souls for the wrestling business and I respect that, but it's just the same old thing they were doing 25 years ago, back in the USWA days...and to me, it was stale even back then.
Back to top Go down
Chad Matthews
Admin
Chad Matthews

Blunt suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blunt suggestion   Blunt suggestion EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:20 am

Now this is what I like to see! Passionate, intelligent wrestling fans discussing wrestling. Finally, a wrestling board with some life! I hope this can become not only a "Comments & Suggestions" page for MECW, but a "sound off" board for anything pertaining to independent wrestling.

So, what's on your mind? What do you want to see that isn't currently being done on the wrestling scene? What do you feel that MECW does that makes it unique from its competitors? Is there anything that our competition does that you believe MECW should adopt? What is your perception of MECW as a wrestling company? Do you feel we live up to the "Main Event" name? Would you refer MECW to a friend? Sound off and let us know your thoughts!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blunt suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blunt suggestion   Blunt suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Blunt suggestion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MECW | Main Event Championship Wrestling | Forum :: Main Event Forums :: MECW Comments & Suggestions-
Jump to:  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com