MECW | Main Event Championship Wrestling | Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  mecwpro.commecwpro.com  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chad Matthews
Admin
Chad Matthews

MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament?   MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament? EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 9:05 pm

I have a few questions for the fans:

1) If MECW would ever hold a heavyweight title tournament to crown the very first Main Event Championship Wrestling heavyweight champion...who would you like to see us invite to the tournament?

2) To assure equality should each wrestler be asked to draw a number at random to determine where he is seeded?

3)Would you attend a weekly MECW show in Evansville, Indiana?

MECW is all about interacting with our fans and engaging our fans to speak out about what they want to see!

Hey...that means YOU!

Lets hear it wrestling fans!

Back to top Go down
http://www.mecwpro.com
cavedweller73

PostSubject: Re: MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament?   MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:49 pm

Ok, I'll make a list of guys I'd like to see in a heavyweight title tournament. In fact, I'll make two lists, one a "if-money-was-no-object" dream list with anyone and everyone and one "probably-more-doable" list. These are in no order at all.

Here's a dream list (I'll even try to keep the list somewhat free of guys who mostly only work in the northeast):
1. Chris Hero
2. Necro Butcher
3. Davey Richards
4. Jon Moxley
5. Jimmy Jacobs
6. Drake Younger
7. Claudio Castagnoli
8. Kenny Omega
9. "The Ego" Robert Anthony (the now heel, mask-less Egotistico Fantastico)
10. B-Boy
11. Delirious
12. Jonathan Gresham

Then, here's a "probably-more-doable" list (based on guys who have worked MECW shows before):
1. Chris Hero
2. Davey Richards
3. Christopher Daniels
4. Tony Kozina
5. Shank Barzini
6. JP Lightning
7. Metal Master
8. Chase Stevens
9. Mitch Ryder
10. Tracy Smothers
11. Chuck Taylor
12. Ryan Drago

As for attending weekly shows in Evansville, with all due respect, I have to say that I probably wouldn't. It's not that I wouldn't want to show my support, it's just that I don't attend shows just for the sake of "attending a wrestling show". There has to be something on a card of a wrestling show that I want to see to make me go. Plus, I wouldn't want to go to a weekly show and see the same things and same guys week in and week out....that is unless the guys on my first list would be getting booked every week, but I understand that's probably not possible.As I said, I mean no disrespect with that answer, I'm just trying to be as honest as possible.
Back to top Go down
Chad Matthews
Admin
Chad Matthews

PostSubject: Re: MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament?   MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 7:51 pm

CaveDweller,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. A very cool and respectful gesture to make two lists with regard to budget and availability. The first list is obviously a Who's Who on the independent wrestling scene. Chris Hero and Davey Richards, as you alluded, are MECW alum.

I can tell you that MECW officials were on-hand and taking notes at Saturday's XCW-Midwest show in Corydon and Friday's Ring of Honor show in Louisville. A name that was conspicuously absent from your lists is JD Maverick. JD is a rising young star in professional wrestling and is an MECW mainstay. A product of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, JD was trained at the (Lance) Storm Wrestling Academy and further honed his skills at OVW. JD is currently a finalist to be a participant on the new season of WWE Tough Enough. JD Maverick will be facing 'Grandmaster Sexy' Brian Christopher at MECW's 01.15.11 show in Monroe City. If you're not familiar with JD Maverick's work be sure to check him out.

In 2011 we hope to add more features that will peak your interest. Although on paper you may feel the live cards don't appeal to you, perhaps give MECW a few shows live and I truly believe you'll be back for more. The live Experience will become habit-forming.

Back to top Go down
http://www.mecwpro.com
IkeTurner

PostSubject: Re: MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament?   MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 pm

I'll just throw some guys out there for the tournament.....

Chris Hero
Davey Richards
Tony Kozina
Ryan Drago
Shank Barzini
Chase Stevens
JP Lightning
Metal Master
Tracy Smothers
Chuck Taylor
Jon Moxley
Jimmy Jacobs
Drake Younger
Mitch Rider
Kevin Steen
Jerry Lawler

2. As for having a weekly show in Evansville, I think its a bad idea. I could only attend maybe one show a month and like Dweller, a lot of that would depend on the quality of talent. Id rather see 1 show that had a lot of talent and a month of build up rather than 4 watered down shows. To get me out of the house these days, the shows have to have guys that I want to see. Very rarely will i ever just go out to a show just to go like i used to in the CCW days. Id stick to the formula you guys used in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament?   MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament? Empty

Back to top Go down

MECW Heavyweight Title Tournament?
Page 1 of 1