MECW | Main Event Championship Wrestling | Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  mecwpro.commecwpro.com  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MECW TV

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nic Wood
Admin

MECW TV Empty
PostSubject: MECW TV   MECW TV EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:35 am

I am not supposed to say anything, but I am not good about secrets. According to my source in the MECW Executive Committee, Main Event Championship Wrestling has signed a TV deal with My44! It will be a weekly show and is starting very soon. More details will be shed during this friday's episode of Smackdown and the whole cat will come flying out of the bag this saturday at MECW's Main Event Experience at the Armory on the Lloyd Expressway in Evansville. That's all I could get out of him. Keep your eyes posted to http://MECWPro.com and https://facebook.com/mecwonline or give the hotline a ring at 323-521-MECW (323-521-6329)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/stiffnicwood
Xplorer4x4

MECW TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: MECW TV   MECW TV EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:32 am

Is there any chance you guys will be posting the shows on youtube or something for those who might miss the brodcast? I am going to try to watch when it comes on(had planned to tape it but that failed) in about 30 minuets but not sure if I will get to catch any of the show.
Back to top Go down
Nic Wood
Admin

MECW TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: MECW TV   MECW TV EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Yes we are planning on posting it online. Due to the constraints youtube gives us (no more than 10 minutes) we are looking into posting it on Daily Motion or even here on our site if we can work out a few things. I will keep you updated if we do post the shows anywhere.

Thanks for the interest!
Nic Wood
Back to top Go down
Xplorer4x4

MECW TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: MECW TV   MECW TV EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Youtube has a 15 min time limits now I believe, but downloadable format would be nice.

I did end up getting to see the whole show, Heres some thoughts:

Negative:
Video Editing - The editing during the middle of the matches came off a bit sloppy imo. I think it would have looked better if say it was cut when one guy was on the mat and then pick up after another bump when the same guy is on the mat. Also, I would suggest you do something else with names. Place them on the bottom of the screen and do it more for 1 second or 2(in terms of time while the text is actually stationary).

Video Quality - Wow what did you do to the quality? Im guessing there was some sort of video compression done on your end? My camera phone takes videos of equal, possibly better then what I saw today. Im not expecting HD quality, but you should be able to do better then that.

Audio - Ok first a trivial thing, but I think it would be nice to take an MP3 or FLAC of the entrance music, turn down the volume/levels on it, and then splice it in to the video. It would sound better but obviously dont do it to high or else it kills crowd noise. I also noticed you were using 2 mics, one for the arena, one for capturing the audio feed for DVD/TV. Now the fact your doing something to improve audio during in ring promos over the other indys is a good thing, but having 2 mics just looks tacky. Instead why not bring a laptop PC, a cheapo netbook could get the job done, for my suggestion. If the sound board only has one line out, grab a splitter at radioshack, there less then $10, then run the live mic out to the arena but capture it in a WAV file(higher quality then MP3) on the computer and then splice in the spoken audio over the live mic when doing the editing prior to DVD. Now theres the commentary. Tracy was a great choice for commentary imo, but next time up the audio for the commentators a bit. They were kind of drowned out.

Advertising - No I dont mean the lack of commercials, but advertise your site! Advertise your DVDs! Let us know your out there. You plugged your upcoming shows which was good but seeing it during the entrances was bad timing imo. And during the show the chuckie t promo where he got set up to face Christopher Daniels was in there. I would have cut off the part where it said it would be in july(or whenever), then announce it at the end of the show it owuld happen next week.

If there was only one thing that could be fixed for next time, i would say try to do soemthing about the video quality.

Now the positives, well the quality of the matches were pretty good. Probably better then they came off on TV. I hope JP vs Drago makes it on one of the upcoming shows.
Back to top Go down
Nic Wood
Admin

MECW TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: MECW TV   MECW TV EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:05 pm

The only thing I will touch on right now was the two mic thing. That was a major snafu by our first video company. They didn't tell us until halfway in to our show that nothing that was over the house p.a. would be on video. So that was their solution.

Back to top Go down
Xplorer4x4

MECW TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: MECW TV   MECW TV EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:55 pm

So you guys have changed companies? If so I look forward to seeing what they can do. I wont harp on it but as I said there work left something to be desired. Another thing I noticed is with the grayed out effect on the shows entrance video, its hard to see who people are. If I didnt know Dreamer and Lawler has worked the show before I saw that video, I don't know if I could have told you it was them just from that clip.
Back to top Go down
Tracey Russell
Admin
Tracey Russell

MECW TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: MECW TV   MECW TV EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks for your comments, Xplorer4x4! I will be tweaking the video for MECW's TV show on a weekly basis. Please keep in mind that we are only at the beginning stages of the new TV show. I appreciate the suggestions and we'll be putting a lot of these suggestions into motion in the coming weeks. Keep sending in those suggestions/comments whether they be positive or negative! As Nic mentioned, we finished up with another company's work (which did the MECW Arrives and Returns shows) and now we're beginning to venture into doing our own thing. We'll continue to do our best to provide you with the best content possible. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mecwpro.com
cavedweller73

MECW TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: MECW TV   MECW TV EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:43 pm

I posted this over on that "other" board, but here's what I said the next day about the show:

I work all day on Saturdays so I had to record the show, but I watched it last night. As a whole, the show was pretty good. I'd say it was on par or maybe even slightly better then some of the "local" type wrestling shows I've seen. As you said though, there were a few bugs, but those can be worked out. I think the biggest negative about the show would be that the commentary during the matches was a bit too quiet and hard to hear. The video quality wasn't the best I've ever seen, but it wasn't the worst I've seen either. The way the show was edited between the cameras looked good though. The edited parts of the matches was a little annoying, but I realize that had to be done for time-constraints.

Other than the Chuck Taylor match, the matches themselves were a little too "old-school Memphis 'rasslin'" style for my personal tastes, but like I always say, that's what goes over in this area. It's sad, but true. That's why I didn't attend that first show and I know that MECW has put on some much better shows since then. The promos were done pretty well. Chuck Taylor's in-ring promo was, for me, a highlight of the whole show.

All in all, it was a pretty good first show and I know that doing things like that is a learning process and things will only get better with time.
Back to top Go down
Xplorer4x4

MECW TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: MECW TV   MECW TV EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:30 am

Will there be commercials in the upcoming shows? While no one likes commercials, I think it would have made the mid match edits transition smoother. Even if say you break away for a 30 second or 1 minute commercial break. Maybe even just use it to put together video packages for upcoming shows. Then you give the illusion of breaking away for commercial and then coming back to the action.

Any progress on the video footage being uploaded?

And you guys sell DVDs of the shows right? Two questions, is the DVD footage better quality then what was on TV? Is there a place to order on the site, because I dont see it.
Back to top Go down
phemon61

MECW TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: MECW TV   MECW TV EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:34 pm

Really enjoy seeing wrestling on saturday at noon again. That's something i've missed for a very long time around here. Other than the background noice, it drowned the announcers out at times, overall i really enjoyed the show. I've been to the two Monroe City shows and the show in evansville that had Chris Hero/Davey Richards. I know your'e just getting started and it's great to see
the stars, but i really look forward to seeing more of the regulars. I'd like to see more of Tracey Smothers and his family, they are very entertaining
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MECW TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: MECW TV   MECW TV Empty

Back to top Go down

MECW TV
Page 1 of 1